Page List

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Saying Goodbye Freebie

I don't know about you, but depending on the kid, it's hard to say goodbye when students leave your classroom mid-year.

I have had 2 students leave this school year. When the first student left, the other kiddos were really sad and confused why he had to leave. To help them and the leaving student, I created a "Goodbye Book" as a gift to remember their former class.


The kid was so appreciative of the Goodbye Book and the other kiddos poured their hearts into their pictures for him. I received an email from his mom thanking me for doing it for him and that he was super-happy to receive it.

I revamped my Goodbye Book today as I'm starting to go through things and decide what to use next year.  This one's definitely a keeper!  I've uploaded it to TpT as a freebie.

Do you do anything special when students leave your class mid-year?  I'd love to hear about it - leave the details of your class' special send-off below.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...