Page List

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Mother's Day Love Jar

Pinterest ignites such inspiration - its unbelievable!!! A few weeks before Mothers Day, I saw a pin in reference to a "love jar" where a wife put all the reasons why she loved her husband in the jar. I needed a great Mother's Day gift idea and I knew right away, I had stumbled upon the perfect one.

Last year, my mom came in and helped all the kids make miniature corsages. I took pictures of them making them, printed a poem about a growing flower and glued both onto pretty paper and laminated it. It was a really nice gift. However, I asked my mom the week of Mother's Day could she do the corsages again and she promptly (and rightly so) said NO!!!

So, I quickly figured out what I needed to do to make my "Love Jar" a reality. A colleague friend of mine had her 2nd graders write some nostalgic sayings to their grandparents for Grandparents Day, so she sent me what she had and I was off and running!!!

The students wrote the "love sayings" onto strips of paper.  I showed them how to curl each one on a pencil to coil it up.
They placed all their coils into their jar.




Picked a pre-cut piece of fabric to place over the top, attached a poem that the class wrote during writers workshop, And voila! I'm on vacation and hadn't posted in a while, so I have some more pics to post but will have to add them when I get home in a few days. I'm also working on the directions and templates for the Love Jar, so be on the lookout for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...