Page List

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Book Boxes Galore

I don't know about you, but around this time of the year, I start thinking about next year! I start "pinning" ideas, writing things down and saving files for summer reading. I ran across an awesome post about book boxes from Becky over at Teaching, Learning & Loving and it got me thinking about what to use for book boxes next year. She uses $1 ice bins from Walmart and colorful duct tape. I bet you could really jazz them up these days with all the patterned duct tape options out right now! Here is what Becky is using...


In my class this year, I ordered the IKEA magazine files, took pictures of all my kids reading and attached them to the front of their boxes. I got the idea from Kathryn at Kindergarten...Kindergarten
Here are Kathryn's book boxes...


I don't know about Kathryn's, but my boxes are looking a little shabby this time of year. Especially those kids that are tough on their boxes!
I have used the boxes from Really Good Stuff before but am using the ones I currently have for leveled books in my classroom library. They are really sturdy and I love the color they bring to the class. They have many colors to choose from!



What do you use for book boxes in Reading Workshop or Daily 5?

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of using to ice bins but I've never found them in the store before. A while back two of my fellow teachers and I went in on a "lot" of bins from starplast.com They are just like the Really Good Stuff bins but only came in three colors. They ended up being much cheaper. They've held up very well.

    BTW I found you on the TPT Forum round 6.

    ✿Becky
    First Grade Friendzee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am coming from TpT Round 6! Cute blog! I love tehse book boxes! I want to try and start this next year maybe. We don't do the daily 5, but I have read a lot about this. Thanks for sharing how you set it up!

    ~Kourtney

    kourtneypayton83@gmail.com

    Mrs. Payton's Precious Kindergarteners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I am really cheap.... we recycle cereal boxes in our classroom! Basically, at the beginning of the year, we ask each child to bring in at least one empty cereal box. Then I have a parent volunteer wrap them in butcher paper and the kids decorate them. They are usually wearing out by this point in the year, but they are free! =)

    I really love the ice bin idea though!! Perhaps I can spring for a set of them! LOL I wonder how well they would hold up? I have seen the magazine holders from IKEA but can't find them locally. And I like the ones from Really Good Stuff. I use these to help organize my centers. Target had them in their dollar bin once!

    Thanks for sharing the great ideas. You are not alone. I am also thinking about next year....sad I know! =) I am your newest follower!!

    Jessica
    Hanging Out in First!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...